Main group involved in the processing of soybean, corn, sunflower and canola and a leading company in the differentiated commodities and non-genetically modified product (non-GMO) segment.
Independent, Integrated and Intermodal Logistics
6,7 million tons of grains handled at ports
59 warehouses strategically located (GO and MT)
5th largest biodiesel producer in Brazil
One of the leading companies in Brazil’s agribusiness sector, Caramuru Alimentos, founded in 1964 by the pioneering spirit of its founder, Múcio de Souza Rezende, operates with the storage, logistics, and industrialization of grains (soybean, corn, sunflower, and canola) for the extraction and refining of oils, biodiesel, ethanol, soy lecithin, and refined glycerin production, in addition to the export of soybean grain, soybean meal, soybean oil, soy lecithin, and soy protein concentrate (SPC). Based on the ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance) principles and following strict ethics and compliance standards, Caramuru permanently invests in expanding and revamping its industrial structures, ensuring the sustainability of its business.
It also stands out for its independent, integrated, and intermodal distribution logistics, mainly handling “soybean complex” products, strongly investing in the Ports of Santos (SP) and Santana (AP), in railways (São Simão Highway-railway Terminal), and in the Tietê-Paraná and Tapajós-Amazonas waterways, resulting in security, operating cost reduction, and greenhouse gas emission reduction.
It is present in the States of Amapá, Goiás, Pará, Paraná, Mato Grosso, and São Paulo, operating in the Brazilian market with conventional products, non-NGMO soybean, and has a proprietary line of consumer products with the Sinhá brand, which has more than 40 years of history and is consolidated with products traditionally present in Brazilian homes, such as olive oils, special oils, flours, popcorns, condiments, cereals, and texture soybean proteins. It also supplies raw materials for pasta, cookie, snack, and corn flake producers, and for other segments such as breweries, mining, and the feed industry.
To supply food, inputs, biofuels, and quality services by meeting client and consumer needs, generating value for society, suppliers, employees, and shareholders.
To be a Corporate Group recognized for:
- Supplying customers and consumers with quality products and services;
- Operating differentiated commodities;
- Having an environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and the self-development of its employees;
- Having strong consumer product brands;
- Having strong and innovative logistics;
- Being internationally present with structured investments;
- Operating based on environmental, social, and economic principles;
- Having processes supported by technological automation and innovation;
- Caring for employees’ occupational health and safety;
- Maintaining a consistent growth and profitability track record.
- Integrity and ethics
- Mutual Trust and Respect
- Simplicity and Transparency in Relationships
- Employee Appreciation and Development
- Discipline and Professionalism
- Boldness and Creativity
- Respect for the Environment